Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a chicken lay 2 eggs at once?
You may have guessed by the title. We have our first eggs! None this morning but the LS was making a whole lot of noise in the run. She went back into the coop and we saw her in the nest box. When she came out there were 2 big brown eggs! Now it is possible that one of the others dashed in before her, but the eggs are identical in size and colour. Could she have laid 2 ?!
I have had 2 eggs from one girl before but only when one was a soft sheller.  Congratulations on your first home grown eggs

If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
great news PP

Its highly unlikely that she laid two at the same time...but you never know!!

Congrats on your first eggs,they are just the best!

Congratulations in your first eggs! I got some from one of my girls last week, I'm hoping the other 2 follow soon.
Chickens - always looking for new ways to train their owners
Bet they taste great!

I have had a situation previously where my only conclusion was that one hen had laid two eggs in one day, but don't know if "together".

Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
are you sure one wasnt hidden underneath the nesting material.       

is it just me or do some words in the posts turn blue with an underline.    In Sutty's the word Bet is in blue and underlined!

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Quote:are you sure one wasnt hidden underneath the nesting material.       

is it just me or do some words in the posts turn blue with an underline.    In Sutty's the word Bet is in blue and underlined!
Just you Teazle................naturally !!
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

It's just you T

If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
its you Teasel!!! laugh

on a similar vane ... I collected the egg (singular) yesterday from Gregory's girls and left a paxo packet on the pen door as a reminder ... today I went down ... none, fair enough I thought, just moved them into their new bijou henthouse suite so they're miffed at being caught ... went down at lunch time to see if they were all OK and damn me they'd laid  1 egg in the nest box and two under the coop ... aha I thought I'll stick a rubber egg in the nest box as a hint to the  other two ... tonight, went down to discuss the next extension to the mansion and what do I see under the coop another damn egg!!!

So that's 1 yesterday and 4 today  off 3 hens .... I wish they'd sort them selves out ...

ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
eggs under coops ................................ reminds me of the post that was put on here about commando crawling under the coop - think it was K9 actually! Brings back happy memories! Big Grin

You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Quote:eggs under coops ................................ reminds me of the post that was put on here about commando crawling under the coop - think it was K9 actually! Brings back happy memories! Big Grin
Yup twas me...oh happy days!!!!