Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egg Holders
I found this egg holder in a nearby village and think it is really neat - what is the 'nicest/bestest' (I'm sure that word is in a dictionary somewhere) egg holder you have?

My nan used to have something similar currently I use a plastic Keyes tray but I'm thinking of getting one of these

http://www.egg-storage-rack.co.uk/shop.html

They'd be useful for hatching eggs as well just take the bottom one and move to the top.
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
That looks neat NTG

Many moons ago the guy I used to work for used to hatch pheasants for the local estate and he used something similar for the hatching eggs... A sheet of corrugated tin Big Grin don't think Mrs G would like that in her kitchen :hysterical
ntg

Warwickshire

Some people are so fussy!

Quote:Many moons ago the guy I used to work for used to hatch pheasants for the local estate and he used something similar for the hatching eggs... A sheet of corrugated tin Big Grin don't think Mrs G would like that in her kitchen :hysterical
Here is my 'bestest' egg holder, I bought it in an antique shop in Southwold

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Here is my 'bestest' egg holder, I bought it in an antique shop in Southwold

I remember making egg holders like that in woodwork class many moons ago. Confusedmile:
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I have 2 Egg Skelters. One bantam and the other for the LF eggs. Love them. When they fill up we put the bottom 6 in a box to give away and the eggs are stored in date order.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
I like those n.t.g.

Do you reckon you could knock some up for us??

Ooo, it would give me an excuse to use my new router ...
ntg

Warwickshire

Quote:Ooo, it would give me an excuse to use my new router ...
Bagsie me first in line as i suggested it.

Any excuse to use your new toy. laugh
In my dim brain im sure im recollecting something similar to yours Zoe that nan had.Im fairly sure it was yellow or was it green? :wacko:

New egg thingy came[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
ntg

Warwickshire

I really like that. Neat. do you think you put quail eggs on it?
I think the gap would be too big but if you're handy with a router you could soon know one up.
ntg

Warwickshire