Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivermectin and egg withdrawal?
My order for Ivermectin was delivered today and my bantams have now had 2 drops each.  Hopefully this will clear up my poorly bantam who has scaly leg.

I have searched the forum and can see plenty of words of wisdom re ivermectin/harkamectin but can't find any reference to not eating the eggs after having dosed them. 

As it is not licensed for poultry is there an answer on this?

We probably wouldn't worry for ourselves but we are going on hols very soon and need to let the neighbour know.

Not that we are getting very many eggs at the moment but no doubt the moment we shouldn't eat them is when they will start producing again!

Thanks

It in the Supporters resources bit here

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I don't withdraw eggs when I use it but would think if you are concerned 7 days should be Ok.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Whoops, crossed posts with Zen. Better ignore mine....
thanks.  I must be blind.  Now why when I looked in supporters resources did I not see this very obvious post called something like "egg withdrawal" - sorry folks I did look there first honest

However I think that is advising 28 days - aunt sally you reckon 7 which is kind of what I was hoping for - now I'm in a quandary.
Oh Sparky, officially you had better go by Zenith's post, he knows what he is doing and I was just giving a guesstimate as I don't withdraw but that is just for our use.
oh the neighbours are going to be gutted - their main reason for looking after the hens is fresh eggs - whoops

Quote:thanks.  I must be blind.  Now why when I looked in supporters resources did I not see this very obvious post called something like "egg withdrawal" - sorry folks I did look there first honest

However I think that is advising 28 days - aunt sally you reckon 7 which is kind of what I was hoping for - now I'm in a quandary.
Easy to do I knew it was there as I posted it  Confusedmile: you can take what you want for that post as I know some don't withdraw eggs for personal use but withdraw them from sale to others. Confusedmile:
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I'm afraid I'm with Aunt Sally on this one - but if someone else is eating them I leave them for 10 days, rather than 7. Tell them and let them make their own decision is my advise.

You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
I would ask them to feed them back to the girls if they are not eating them but I eat them anyway on the thinking that there is much worse than that in the normal food we eat anyway!

If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
thanks for all replies on this and your patience in helping with the scaly leg problem.  I will warn the neighbour.  If she doesn't fancy eating them I will promise her the first dozen or so after the quarantine period (mind you at this time of year when they are slowing down she may not get them til next March!)

Hopefully on our return from hols the scaly leg will look much better.  We are just over 24 hours in from giving the flea treatment and I couldn't see much improvement yet but I appreciate this is early days yet.