Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hose v pressure washer
sorry back to pressure washers but are they complete when they come - for instance does it come with a hose or do you have to use a garden one?  Does it come with taps for connecting to hose etc - or perhaps it depends on the one you buy - I can't seem to find out from pressure washer to pressure washer whether they are complete and ready to use.

Any advice would be appreciated as never had or used one before and am doing my research.

You will need a hose pipe to connect to it and an extension cable.Most if not all fittings relating to the pressure washer come with it and instructions on how to connect up to garden hose. Also operating instructions which should be read for safe operation.

If you need help you may find the answer here

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
thanks so much for that Zenith - that was really helpful - I never think of looking on you tube for these things

I am now the proud owner of a K2 karcher pressure washer - although a bit disappointed.  Went to use it yesterday but it seems that my garden hose is smaller than the average garden hose and so the connection wouldn't fit.  So a trip to B&Q or some such store is needed although we are about 45 mins away from any stores like this so I had to make do with the hose yesterday.
well I had this out for the first time at the weekend.  I bought the least forceful pressure washing but it still strips wood off so I'm now a bit worried about what it will do to the hen house and think maybe it can't be used without damaging the wood.  There is no control apart from far away, near and nearer but far away and near don't seem to do much whereas nearer just takes a top layer off.  Oh well maybe I won't have a clean hen house but everything else looks lovely.

One of the lance pieces that Karcher do has a variable pressure end you just twist to tone it down a bit. Mine came with this as standard but is also available seperately.

Just looked on the Karcher website - it looks like the K2 comes with the piece I mean - you should have 2 different ends for the lance, the one that doesn't have a conical end is the one I mean, the end of it then turns.

Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
I knew I'd find a post on this somewhere on here  Confusedmile: My middle son has just cleaned the winter grime off the patio and paths they always go green in winter. My old pressure washer is very noisy it was a cheap one from somewhere I can't even remember when or where I got it from.

I have been viewing Karcher washers today with the thought of replacing my old one. So my question is are the Karcher's noisy too?

ive never used a karcher so cant help really,all the ones i have used were noisey to some degree.Mind you they were large industrial ones on the farm.

Ive never used a small household one.

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Well having found a bargain price for the Karcher K2,  price ranges greatly for the same model. I final found one at screw fix and was all set to go and get one. I left it until the next day and on looking again B&Q had reduced their price by £ 20 which made theirs cheaper . My middle son then found me an on line voucher for £15 so I ordered it. Great price for this model £95 was what I paid, after viewing prices that ranged from £145 upwards.

So shop about when looking for tools. On a side note for patio's that go green in winter I found a product at Wilkingsons  that works well, just dilute and water on leave 3 days and the green disappears. Worked really well on our paths and patio area that get really bad in the winter.
Don't know anything about pressure washers. but I've also got 'stuff' that I dilute and spray on the green of my white house walls once a year - no longer green after the next rainfall. Great stuff! I've also used it on wood, and my horse trailer.
Just a note on Karcher their customer service needs a lot to be desired. I have used mine twice and came to use it at the weekend and it will not turn on. It has 24 months guarantee but try to find out how I get it repaired has proven a nightmare so far by telephone. I feel a strongly worded email will be heading their way. mad
Just an update  Smile Finally after many emails back and forth ,they have agreed to give me a replacement machine in the next week or so. Lucky for me that I had an email receipt from B&Q at the time and had kept it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zenith's post:
  • scotsfran
result Zenith.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • zenith