Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hose v pressure washer
I was talking to oh about getting a pressure washer so that I can really get into the nooks and crannies (what is a cranny?) of the chicken house and he said the hose with the attachment we have probably works the same.  Not ever having had a pressure washer I don't know if this is true - can someone advise please.

Then also, if a pressure washer is needed what size do I need for this job.  I was looking at them yesterday and they go up to such a silly price.  I don't want to get one that is too light for the job and end up wasting my money.

What do you use if you have one and do you recommend it.

Thanks for any advice

A pressure washer will always produce more force than normal household water pressure but the down side is you need to use electric to use it too.

It depends what you intend to use one on really I use mine for just cleaning path's & paving slabs after the winter so I just use a cheap one but it is noisy.

If you can put one to good use them I would go for Karcher {sp?} It's like anything really you pay for what you get.

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Thanks Zenith, as I say it's for use on the hen house only really - looked at the Karchers but they seem to have models from K1 - K7 - varying prices  with K1 being the cheapest - however if the cheapest would work on my hen house then that's what I would prefer but I just don't know whether it will be strong enough and if not what model would be the best.

We have a Karcher, it was a good investment. It is good in the chicken house, but it is powerful and the jet can bounce back off the side and soak you. Great for patios, summerhouse, roof of conservatory, car, etc. it is also good for cleaning the garden furniture of creepy crawlies after a winters storage.

Edited to add, it is much more powerful than our hose.

And again to say it is a Karcher 440.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
I pressure wash my hen house and it comes up sparkly new !  Uses a bit of electricity of course but according to my OH, a lot less water than conventional hose.

I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I love my pressure washer, it's amazing.  Everything looks brand new but it's a messy, wet job using it.  Very satisfying though!

If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
I love my pressure washer - have to wear my waterproofs though as I am usually at it for a couple of hours, nothing is safe from me !!!!
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

I have a pressure washer too (Karcher), it is great at washing off moss, algae etc. MUCH more powerful than the hose alone.

Did use it on the chicken coop interior yesterday (having steam-cleaned first) and STILL found red mite this morning!!!

All sprayed with Perbio-Choc today.......

Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Bye bye red mite then Sutty!!
Hopefully! though there are still some live ones about today (and I was generous with the Perbio), they were under the perch rather than in hiding though, so hopefully that is because they are dying.

I found live ones for a week after but apart from a mini break out at the beginning of the year it's been amazing!  I would use again for certain.
Sounds promising - and didn't find any under the perch this evening on a quick sweep.

Found a whole load in the hutch 3 six-week old chicks are in though: emptied, burnt off with a blowtorch, and sprayed with perbio too..... here's hoping!

Not heard of this product before - just researched and it says that you must be qualified or have it used by someone qualified - that's a bit scary

Quote:Not heard of this product before - just researched and it says that you must be qualified or have it used by someone qualified - that's a bit scary

Well I AM a professional! - they don't say what sort you need to be Wink

Its the same active ingredients as many other insecticides, just about 3x concentration and oil based! My take is: wear gloves, and don't breathe the spray.

ah yes - good thinking - we are all probably professionals at something!

I am going to keep this in mind.  Has it been around for long?  As I say never heard of it before - so many products to bear in mind - it's quite confusing.