Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must be losing the plot
Having used many electrical garden aids over the years mowers, strimmer's etc without any problem. Yesterday I decided to trim the hedge, finished my side without any issue. I then thought I'd be a good neighbour and do the other side. I was working away and the hedge cutter stopped  Blush I stood there pressing the switch many times before I realised I'd cut through the cable. laugh It doesn't mater how careful you are accidents happen at any time.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Yikes ! Go careful Zen Man. x
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Ahh...I've done that twice - thank goodness for circuit breakers! I now get someone else to cut my privet hedge - much safer that way....
Frightening - I do not like electrical items outside.  Nearly all of our equipment is petrol driven as they are used quite a way from the nearest electric point.  The only electric item we have is an electric chipper and I can't do much harm with that.  (Not yet anyway!!)
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

(17-05-2019, 12:14 PM)Cockadoodledoo Wrote: Frightening - I do not like electrical items outside.  Nearly all of our equipment is petrol driven as they are used quite a way from the nearest electric point.  The only electric item we have is an electric chipper and I can't do much harm with that.  (Not yet anyway!!)

I don't have a lawn mower or strimmer anymore as I don't need them. I do have circuit breakers in the garage and brick built store. With an extension cable I can reach most places outside, not that I have a lot to do now. I did have to laugh at myself standing there pressing the switch on the hedge cutter, before the penny dropped as to what had happened. I have a chipper too, but haven't used that in an age. Most stuff garden waste wise goes in the recycling bin so the chipper is redundant. My garden vac/ blower  I use a lot in the Autumn .
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
We use the chipper a lot as we are always cutting back trees in the summer.  We use the chips for the hens runs in the winter when they start to get over wet
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cockadoodledoo's post:
  • zenith