Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fowl Pox?
Hi All

One of my old Sussex has what I can only diagnose (after looking at Pics on the net), as Fowl Pox.  Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how this may be treated?

Thanks in advance as always.

Dave
Hi Dave - I've no experience in this but someone else here might know. What are your girl's symptoms? Hopefully someone else can help! Good luck.
Hi and Thank you!

Basically it is almost a mildew or mould (dots) on the comb but now appearing on other dry skin areas in the face such as above the eye.  The hen seems well in herself but I am of course worried that the condition may progress.  It is my very amateur diagnosis of course, based on google et al.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks
(08-05-2019, 09:19 AM)Greenman Wrote: Hi and Thank you!

Basically it is almost a mildew or mould (dots) on the comb but now appearing on other dry skin areas in the face such as above the eye.  The hen seems well in herself but I am of course worried that the condition may progress.  It is my very amateur diagnosis of course, based on google et al.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks

There is a post on here somewhere [ sorry can't remember where ] what you describe sounds very much like it, I can't recall the name but I will search the forum and post a link if I find it.

Favus was what I was thinking and it was on the old forum. I have found this post which seems similar
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Hopefully I have found a post that might help here  I hope this helps.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Thanks for your replies, and really helpful!

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greenman's post:
  • zenith