Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nest Building
Spent a lovely hour sitting outside this afternoon with  mug of coffee (a long break between stacking sawn logs).  I was watching the birds collecting feathers from the pens and flying off to three nearby conifers.  During the winter an old nest fell out of one of these trees and it was a real mixture of different poultry feathers.  I consider myself quite good at craftwork but I could never make anything like those tiny birds make.  The same goes for honeycomb of course.  She is a wonderful teacher is Mother Nature Smile
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

Awww how lovely CDD. It's really starting to feel and look like a real Spring. Got my first bluebells in the garden. Saw a 'Mad March hare' this morning - mad cos he scaled a 4 foot wall to get off the road into the field oh my !!
I have been watching a pair of magpies building a nest in top of a very high silver birch tree for the last week or so. Everything nature wise seems early this year. It's good a times to just take time out to watch and listen to nature. Gold finches nest in my magnolia tree which is in full bloom at the present. Their nests are so tiny you would wonder how they get a clutch of eggs in them.  Smile
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Was out for a walk up Kinder Scout today, saw some ponds with frogspawn in them - seems early to me!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
You're all painting a beautiful picture of the British Countryside.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

(27-03-2019, 11:47 PM)Sutty Wrote: Was out for a walk up Kinder Scout today, saw some ponds with frogspawn in them - seems early to me!

I climbed Kinder Scout a long time ago when I lived in Derbyshire.  Used to do a lot of hill climbing there, and also in the Lakes.
Happy memories of when I was very fit  Smile
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

I have had frogspawn in my pond for about 10 days now. My magnolia is still hiding its flowers though there is one in full bloom in town - stunning! I have my first bluebells - is Spring here?!