Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lovely green eggs
Got my first Shetland eggs this morning from the pullets I hatched in the Summer having lost nearly all my Shetlands to the fox.  Something very exciting about girls laying their first eggs but these are extra special as it means that all my plans that were cut short last April are now hopefully back on track.  Not to mention, gorgeous green eggs over Christmas.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • zenith
Awww that's lovely April - some Christmas cheer for you! I've not had an egg for, seems like, months!!
How lovely,well timed.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Still getting the odd egg from my brahmas - about 3 per week, but it usually picks up after Christmas, for the last couple of years I've bought a box at Christmas cos no home laid ones (horror!), only for them to decide to lay a few for me after all!
Tempted to get a few more mixed colour egg layers to join the 4 brahmas in the garden, I like the colour variety, never had a green one.
Should have plenty of eggs come spring from my main flock of brahmas as 15 new girls I reared this year are about 4 months now and with 12 older girls (as well as 2 older boys and a 4 month old boy).
So they should be fertile eggs too but may have to resist temptation - coop is a bit crowded!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Don't forget Sutty…..as soon as I have fertile Shetland eggs...……...I owe you a dozen if you want them. x

I'm doing pretty well just now. Getting around 5 eggs per day. God bless those dear little Hybrid chicks I bought as sexed day olds to keep my singleton duckling company in August this year. No to mention my White Leghorn who just never seems to stop laying, even during her moult.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Im getting a couple of duck eggs a day off the young ones, unexopected bonus as wasnt expecting any until next year.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9