Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twinks.
I have my first ever turkey.
Twinks arrived last night, she is lovely Heart
Ive always wanted a stag but having asked advice its a no go as they live with the hens and a stag trying to mate hens is never a good thing.Besides which the gobbling may upset the old bat next door Big Grin
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run  K9
I take it she's staying beyond the festive season? :-)
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
I have just seen the photo's she looks very nice.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I also saw the photo - I've never met a turkey other than on the plate!
What photos?!

(30-11-2018, 06:45 PM)Sutty Wrote: What photos?!

On my page FB Sutty

She is lovely,makes the cutest little trilling noises. lurve
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run  K9
Twinks has died Sad
Very hunched and fluffed up on Monday,died overnight.
I collected Sparkle on Saturday, i so hope its nothing catching or the dreaded blackhead.
I contacted Twinks previous owner and he admitted that he got her from a rubbish place so im hoping its that she didnt have a good start.
If id known that i would never have bought her mad
Im on the list to rescue a pair on Jan 12th so im waiting a week to how how Sparks gets on as to wether i go ahead or not.
Sorry to hear that K9 - very disappointing to loose your first one. Here's hoping it all goes rather better with Sparkle. x
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Sad to hear, especially as you sounded besotted with her.
Hope Sparkle will live to a ripe old age.
Do turkeys go into roost like chickens? - think I'd need a Much bigger pop-hole! Some turkeys I've seen are huge!!
I remember reading some breeds have trouble with very high blood pressure and have to have medication to stop them tearing their aortas in commercial rearing.

(20-12-2018, 06:59 PM)Sutty Wrote: Sad to hear, especially as you sounded besotted with her.
Hope Sparkle will live to a ripe old age.
Do turkeys go into roost like chickens? - think I'd need a Much bigger pop-hole! Some turkeys I've seen are huge!!
I remember reading some breeds have trouble with very high blood pressure and have to have medication to stop them tearing their aortas in commercial rearing.

They can and do perch. They toddle off to bed with the rest of them but if some of the ducks hang about so do the turkeys.