Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky boys
Can't believe how fortunate I've been this year with selling boys.  Just sold 2 Brahma boys and a Shetland boy to a lovely man just starting out in chickens.  He has 3 separate enclosures of 4 hens in each and wanted a lovely cockerel for each group.  Great result.  Have kept 2 Shetland boys for myself and have Just one spare Brahma cockerel to sell and at this rate I won't have to cull any fellas at all.  What a brilliant outcome.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Great news April.  There is a place for everyone and everything somewhere  Smile
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

Great result April.
I had chance of a speckled sussex cockerel yesterday but turned him down as 3 might be pushing my luck with the miserable ole bat next door Big Grin
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Brilliant April! Wish it were that easy all the time! I'm sure you had some lovely birds though.
Great result April! Good to hear that "my" boys are getting a nice home - hope the hens are a large breed!!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
(23-10-2018, 05:03 PM)Sutty Wrote: Great result April! Good to hear that "my" boys are getting a nice home - hope the hens are a large breed!!

Yes, Sutty, the Brahma boys are going in with Brahma hens.

(23-10-2018, 05:03 PM)Sutty Wrote: Great result April! Good to hear that "my" boys are getting a nice home - hope the hens are a large breed!!

Yes, Sutty, the Brahma boys are going in with Brahma hens.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

FULL HOUSE 1 The last Brahma boy went off to live with 6 RIR's yesterday afternoon. Buyer really wanted my Brahma hens as well but that was an absolute no-no. May have to pass him your email Sutty for hatching eggs next year if that's ok with you.

Can't believe I have nothing to cull - glorious.

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • scotsfran
Thumbs Up 
That's fine April.
Glad you managed to find homes for everyone!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
good stuff all round
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.