Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roosting Problem
(18-09-2018, 03:42 PM)Greenman Wrote: Thanks for your interest!

Its a yes and no really.  Yes, the corn coaxes them into the run but none of them are housing themselves.  The flighty one (Lucy) just clears off over a 9' fence when it suits her and spends the night higher up the apple tree, out of reach and full of corn (she's is one smart cookie).  The cockerel roosts at low level in a plumb tree in the run(at least he is easy to reach and put in the house) and the smallest bantam just roosts on top of the coop!  Meanwhile, the Sussex continue to quietly put themselves away every night............

Sooooooo, its wait and watch.  Im hoping that when the poor weather comes in they might see sense and seek refuge in the coop but based on recent evidence Im not so sure.  I will let you know what happens but it all is really strange.   Wink

Lucy needs a ball and chain Big Grin My two young wellsummers are still going to sleep in the wrong place Confused yet 2leghorn x and 2french maranx that i bought the other week so here the least time just follow everyone else to bed and have done so from day one ??
Strange creatures
(18-09-2018, 07:34 PM)scotsfran Wrote:
(18-09-2018, 03:42 PM)Greenman Wrote: Thanks for your interest!

Its a yes and no really.  Yes, the corn coaxes them into the run but none of them are housing themselves.  The flighty one (Lucy) just clears off over a 9' fence when it suits her and spends the night higher up the apple tree, out of reach and full of corn (she's is one smart cookie).  The cockerel roosts at low level in a plumb tree in the run(at least he is easy to reach and put in the house) and the smallest bantam just roosts on top of the coop!  Meanwhile, the Sussex continue to quietly put themselves away every night............

Sooooooo, its wait and watch.  Im hoping that when the poor weather comes in they might see sense and seek refuge in the coop but based on recent evidence Im not so sure.  I will let you know what happens but it all is really strange.   Wink

9' fence?! oh my That's one determined girl!! At least she is out of reach and, as you say, may come down when the comes to winter/bad weather.

I know, I am beginning to take it personally  Cry
9 feet!! Oh my life. However I once found one of my hybrids on next doors roof so I guess some birds just can....
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.