Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the warm spell helps
How the warm spell helps some plants and brings them into flower for a second time. I have a magnolia that has come into flower again. Everything in the garden seems to be doing well, except for hanging baskets and plants in pots mainly due to drying out too fast. We have had little rain except for one thunderstorm in the last 2 months. Watering plants in pots and baskets is a full time job trying to keep them watered, not that I'm complaining about the lovely warm weather. 1976 was the last time I recall such lovely warm temps. How are you all coping with the warm spell ?
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
We are finally having some rain today - much needed as my lawns are brown. On the plus side I haven't needed to spend 2 hours a week mowing! I hope the grass recovers. No hanging baskets here but the borders have only been watered once. I'll be interested to see if some of my plants flower again - I have magnolias too.

The farmers were getting a bit worried about the dry spell - hopefully today's rain will help.....
As always...…..I'm looking forward to the clocks going back !
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Me too - the hot weather really makes me ill, bad headaches and nose bleeds.  Fortunately I was always able to find a cool place here but I usually stayed in until after tea and I was up and out at 5 in the morning.  Once the darker nights are here we don't have to hang about until some ridiculous hour waiting for the gang to go to bed.  In mid June it is still light here until after 11.00.p.m.  Exclamation
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

Very very dry here,no grass anywhere. Im watering my pots and my tomato plants with water from the ducks pools which involves a bit of work but its my way of saving water. We really really need a good drop of rain.
I myself go into limp mode in the heat.Its not so bad at home where i can pace myself and go sit in the shade or in my very cool lounge,but at work its 80+and the boss expects this that and the other to be done.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Along with my poor garden, I am well and truly dying now ! Doesn't help when you're a woman of a 'certain' age cos them hot flushes are just worse than ever. Role on Autumn. For those of you having trouble sleeping I can thoroughly recommend the JML Chillmax pillow - takes a bit of getting used to but if you like a lovely cold pillow to get you off to sleep - it's the business.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I am very lucky at times like this  -  we get our water from up the hills so we are never short of water.  We also have a stream running alongside our place, but even that is as low as I have ever seen it.

Poultry do not like this weather either  Sad
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++