Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over amorous cockerel
My friend has 3 bantams - bought as 3 pullets but one turned out to be a cockerel. He’s had them a couple of years with no problems.

Recently the cockerel has taken to treading the girls roughly and excessively. My friend is worried the hens are going to get injured. He has been letting the hens out to free range and leaving the cockerel in the run, which he’s not happy about.

I suggested he needs to get more hens but he doesn’t want to do this. The hens already wear saddles.

Any other ideas? This has only started very recently so I’m wondering if the delayed spring has caused his hormones to go haywire and hopefully he might settle back to normal soon.
Its prime mating time at the moment, maybe gice it a month or so and see.
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Agree with Sutty. All the boys get a bit silly this time of year. Give him some time to settle back down.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

me and Zen are silly most of the year  rofl
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nick the Grief's post:
  • zenith
(19-04-2018, 06:39 PM)Nick the Grief Wrote: me and Zen are silly most of the year  rofl

I fully agree with part of that statement Nick, and no it is not Zenith im referring to Big Grin
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • zenith