Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eggs off eBay
Quite peeved that the seller who advertised hatching eggs for sale hasn't actually got the quantity advertised until maybe this Thursday. Why advertise something you actually haven't got ?
(06-03-2018, 10:57 AM)eggy Wrote: Quite peeved that the buyer who advertised hatching eggs for sale hasn't actually got the quantity advertised until maybe this Thursday. Why advertise something you actually haven't got ?

It is probably normal practice depending on how many have ordered eggs. Ebay is always a bit of a gamble unless you know the seller. Are there no other avenues for the eggs you want ?
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
It's not a practise that I'm prepared to tolerate. I've asked for a refund. There's others to do business with.
I can see why you are peeved eggy, they should clearly state on their advert or inform you straight away that they havent got what you want.
That said, egg laying and potential customers isnt an exact science so i expect blips do happen.
I hope that the refund goes through without any hitches.
I know it hasn't been posted in for sometime, if any members have eggs for hatching please post here
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
(06-03-2018, 12:18 PM)k9crystal Wrote: I can see why you are peeved eggy, they should clearly state on their advert or inform you straight away that they havent got what you want.
That said, egg laying and potential customers isnt an exact science so i expect blips do happen.
I hope that the refund goes through without any hitches.

Refund made immediately after request. Blamed weather etc but items were advertised before the weather got bad. never mind, Ive now got 6 Rhode Island and 6  Light Sussex in incu.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eggy's post:
  • zenith
I am not hatching this year, I said I am NOT hatching this year. Please remind me later when I get broodies. I have only just found a home for my Silkie cockerel I bred last year and its too stressful finding homes for the boys. I have been quite lucky with EBAY eggs so far hope you have a good hatch Eggy
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Only ordered eggs from ebay a couple of times, but the resulting few chicks/ducks were rubbish quality. No idea what one lot were but certainly weren't the breed I ordered. Don't bother now. May put some of my Shetland eggs on there for sale - buyers will be lucky - they will actually be the breed they ordered !!
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I don't have a problem buying from keepers off eBay, they're more likely to be keen hobbiest just like me. To me, a sign of reliability is how quick they send the goods. A post office is not always nearby, and if they send goods pronto, at least they have made an effort for the buyer, which gets a tick in the right box from me.
I have only bought eggs once off ebay - Plymouth Rocks LF - and they were fine. Good looking birds and only the one boy out of six....lucky!