Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs of better weather around the corner.
It is always nice to see signs of Spring around the corner.  Smile So many Spring bulbs starting to push their way skywards, tree's and shrubs getting new buds. I have snowdrops in flower early this year, some winter flowering shrubs still in bloom. One of my favourite shrubs has such a tiny flower but gives off a lovely scent throughout January & Feb.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Yes, it is lovely to see the first signs of Spring - the snowdrops and aconites have been out for a while, and I saw my first crocus plus the Rhodedendron starting to flower yesterday. Also starting to get eggs again!!  woot
Yes, it's lovely to see the plants coming back into bud again.  I had a walk round mum's garden yesterday as we were worried a lot of the plants had died due to it being such a wet winter and her new garden being mainly clay.  It looks like most of them have survived.  Smile
My first  miniature daffodil opened this morning  Smile I think they are tete-a tete  variety .
Mother Nature is fantastic  -  I think I will invite her to dinner  Smile Smile Smile
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

according to the recent news we are about to freeze again this weekend and next week.Winds coming from Russia.Always horrid here when the wind is in that direction. Sad
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
(21-02-2018, 09:37 AM)k9crystal Wrote: according to the recent news we are about to freeze again this weekend and next week.Winds coming from Russia.Always horrid here when the wind is in that direction. Sad

Saying we are due for - 15  not looking forwards to that .
(21-02-2018, 11:51 AM)zenith Wrote:
(21-02-2018, 09:37 AM)k9crystal Wrote: according to the recent news we are about to freeze again this weekend and next week.Winds coming from Russia.Always horrid here when the wind is in that direction. Sad

Oh don't say that - we're living in the horse lorry on Friday night for competing on Saturday! And it was beginning to feel like Spring too.....
(21-02-2018, 07:44 PM)scotsfran Wrote:

Oh don't say that - we're living in the horse lorry on Friday night for competing on Saturday! And it was beginning to feel like Spring too.....

Copied from the met office . Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Turning progressively colder with a brisk easterly wind making it feel very cold. Mainly dry and bright, but a risk of snow showers in the east by Sunday. Widespread frost.  Wrap up warm everyone.
Snuggle up to the horse SF   Big Grin
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cockadoodledoo's post:
  • scotsfran

Take your thermals Scotsfran Wink
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
(22-02-2018, 12:51 PM)k9crystal Wrote:

I did wear a few layers of thermals!! It was all worth it in the end - heading off to the UK Finals in April!
(24-02-2018, 08:54 PM)scotsfran Wrote:
(22-02-2018, 12:51 PM)k9crystal Wrote:

I did wear a few layers of thermals!! It was all worth it in the end - heading off to the UK Finals in April!

excellent news Scotsfran.
You spoke too soon Zenith with this thread....brrrrrr it's freezing out there!! Still the signs of Spring though with the crocuses out and daffodils showing their faces.
(27-02-2018, 03:50 PM)scotsfran Wrote: You spoke too soon Zenith with this thread....brrrrrr it's freezing out there!! Still the signs of Spring though with the crocuses out and daffodils showing their faces.

I was only thinking that myself as we have snow here today, half of my pond has frozen and that hasn't happened in a long time. Sad poor plants are now under snow.