Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[split] Supporting the forum ideas
Well I just became a supporting member, so this site has to stay up for at least another year! laugh

Maybe start another thread with ideas on helping the site grow?
  • Can we find some sponsors? Any sponsor would not only help support the forum, but it would expose this site to all of the sponsors customers. Exposure is the key to growth
  • In the U.S we have a chain of stores for agricultural needs. "Tractor Supply". Brochures could be left for new "Owners" when they have their annual "Chick Days".
  • Find a way to get the website into your local schools as an approved resource? Sponsor a project with kids that includes an essay?
  • Maybe members can donate some chicks to schools for a project?
  • Do you have Farm fairs/events?
  • Get in with the local FFA or animal clubs
  • Etc, Etc
I know very little about writing code, so I would be useless in helping to maintain the site on that end. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone?......
[-] The following 2 users Like mikswi's post:
  • scotsfran, zenith
(02-01-2018, 04:11 PM)mikswi Wrote: Well I just became a supporting member, so this site has to stay up for at least another year! laugh

Maybe start another thread with ideas on helping the site grow?
  • Can we find some sponsors? Any sponsor would not only help support the forum, but it would expose this site to all of the sponsors customers. Exposure is the key to growth
  • In the U.S we have a chain of stores for agricultural needs. "Tractor Supply". Brochures could be left for new "Owners" when they have their annual "Chick Days".
  • Find a way to get the website into your local schools as an approved resource? Sponsor a project with kids that includes an essay?
  • Maybe members can donate some chicks to schools for a project?
  • Do you have Farm fairs/events?
  • Get in with the local FFA or animal clubs
  • Etc, Etc
I know very little about writing code, so I would be useless in helping to maintain the site on that end. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone?......

Many thanks for becoming a Supporter mikswi!! I did try a few sponsors locally - but they didn't get back to me with anything positive. I really must try again. I also got some bookmarks made up to be distributed by members wherever they could (and still have more bookmarks if anyone would like some!). I have also put a link to PoultryChat on relevant poultry pages on facebook.

Your ideas have given me some more food for thought though - thank you. If any members can help with any of these options - it would be much appreciated!!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotsfran's post:
  • zenith
Many thanks for moving this thread to a new post Zenith.
  • zenith
(03-01-2018, 03:32 PM)scotsfran Wrote: Many thanks for moving this thread to a new post Zenith.

You are welcome  Smile The forum still gets plenty of guest users viewing the forum 55 users in the last 15 minutes . I usually check when I'm on here. I know guest users can't post on here for the reason of spam type posts. I'm trying to think of ways of getting them to become members of the forum but I'm hitting a brick wall with that idea so far.

Would it be possible to move the essential information section to the top of the forum page so that is what they view instead of chickens ? at the present time you have to scroll quite away down the front page before finding how to join the forum.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
(03-01-2018, 05:16 PM)zenith Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 03:32 PM)scotsfran Wrote: Many thanks for moving this thread to a new post Zenith.

You are welcome  Smile The forum still gets plenty of guest users viewing the forum 55 users in the last 15 minutes . I usually check when I'm on here. I know guest users can't post on here for the reason of spam type posts. I'm trying to think of ways of getting them to become members of the forum but I'm hitting a brick wall with that idea so far.

Would it be possible to move the essential information section to the top of the forum page so that is what they view instead of chickens ? at the present time you have to scroll quite away down the front page before finding how to join the forum.

I can easily move the essential information section - once I remind myself how! I had put the chickens first as that is the point of this forum, but I get your point. Let's give it a go!
  • zenith
Wow, I have started a movement! Smile

[-] The following 2 users Like mikswi's post:
  • scotsfran, zenith
I am always open to ideas!!