Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the sneaky little 'dotte
Went down the lotty this morning and strange noise coming from the nest box ... open it up and ... the crafty sodding Wyandotte cross had gone broody somewhere and turned up with 5 chicks !!! not sure what sort they are, might be gold, silver, wybar or mongrel as I've not got them in their breeding pens yet !

Dodgy
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nick the Grief's post:
  • zenith
how lovely. i have a light sussex firmly ensconsed in a nest box.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Oh wow....an early Christmas present!!  woot
Would love mine to lay, let alone go broody! (well one or two lay occasionally, but only the flock with no cock!)
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Eggs...remind me, what do they look like?! Not had any for at least a couple of months now. At least the days will be getting longer soon.....
So lucky this winter - getting more than enough eggs for me, the OH and a couple of Christmas swaps (eggs for homemade sausages) ! Thanks mostly to my White Leghorns who just live to lay. The Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs at Christmas will thankfully be made with my own eggs for a change.

Nick, really what was that hen thinking of producing chicks at the coldest time of the year - silly girl !
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

No eggs today for me, although my Silkie is happy sitting on nothing. !
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Got a lovely Hogmany surprise from my girls - 5 eggs!!  woot Not sure how long a period they've been laid over, I gave up looking about 2 weeks ago. Onwards and upwards.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotsfran's post:
  • zenith