Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is hatching this year?
Just wondered who is hatching this year? I'm being 'good' and not hatching any - I have enough hens and too many eggs but I'll miss having the wee chicks. Would love to see any pics if anyone else is hatching Smile
I have 6 chicks about 1 month old with their "mum". 2 boys (for succession purposes - my cocks are 4yrs old and one died recently), 4 girls. They were hatched in an incubator with mum sitting on pot eggs then selected out and put under her, she adopted them happily.
Unfortunately my file upload of the picture keeps failing.
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
(21-06-2017, 12:39 PM)Sutty Wrote: I have 6 chicks about 1 month old with their "mum". 2 boys (for succession purposes - my cocks are 4yrs old and one died recently), 4 girls. They were hatched in an incubator with mum sitting on pot eggs then selected out and put under her, she adopted them happily.

Failing to upload pictures is usually due to the file size, there is a size limit to what can be uploaded. It was on the forum somewhere but I can't recall where it is since the forum changed slightly. If I find it I will post it for you.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
(21-06-2017, 01:31 PM)zenith Wrote:
(21-06-2017, 12:39 PM)Sutty Wrote: I have 6 chicks about 1 month old with their "mum". 2 boys (for succession purposes - my cocks are 4yrs old and one died recently), 4 girls. They were hatched in an incubator with mum sitting on pot eggs then selected out and put under her, she adopted them happily.

Failing to upload pictures is usually due to the file size, there is a size limit to what can be uploaded. It was on the forum somewhere but I can't recall where it is since the forum changed slightly. If I find it I will post it for you.

I can't seem to find what the maximum size is...but will keep looking. Or just keep making the photo smaller until it works  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotsfran's post:
  • zenith
(21-06-2017, 11:04 PM)scotsfran Wrote: I can't seem to find what the maximum size is...but will keep looking. Or just keep making the photo smaller until it works  Big Grin

I recall it was in the Galaxy part of the old forum . I don't know what the maximum is or if we have one now.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
It was about 350kb. I would expect that to be ok, and overall upload limit is OK too.

(22-06-2017, 12:31 PM)Sutty Wrote: It was about 350kb. I would expect that to be ok, and overall upload limit is OK too.

What does it say when you try to upload? Is it a .jpg file?
Think I've found the problem - opened it in Irfanview, which reported that it was a .PNG file wrongly named as a .JPG, so saved as JPG and tried again

There are another 4 chicks under her in that photo :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sutty's post:
  • zenith
(25-06-2017, 06:21 PM)Sutty Wrote: Think I've found the problem - opened it in Irfanview, which reported that it was a .PNG file wrongly named as a .JPG, so saved as JPG and tried again

There are another 4 chicks under her in that photo :-)

how lovely
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Awwwww so cute!
i have 12 eggs in at the moment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sofie2meg's post:
  • zenith
(01-02-2018, 09:58 PM)sofie2meg Wrote: i have 12 eggs in at the moment.

when are they due? love little chicks!!
For 2018, I should have fertile Shetland eggs available but probably won't hatch myself but will be hatching Apricot Call Ducks with a lot of luck !!
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !