Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbelievable !
Just my blinkin luck.  Day 14 with 15 very healthy, fertile Pekin eggs in the incubator and guess what.........it breaks down.  Doing all sorts of rubbish - turning every few minutes even with the turner switched off.  None of the controls working - returned it to factory settings to find I couldn't change the humidity or temperature - what a nightmare.  Alarms going off left right and centre so I had no idea what the temp or the humidity was on.  Dash up the Motorway to borrow DD's really crap, Japanese jobbie.  Very basic with no humidity controls.  Anyway, eggs are in and fingers crossed.  Will be so disappointed if the eggs are ruined and in the meantime I've got a useless R.Com to try and get repaired if possible.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Oh no!! Hope the hatch works out ok in the end - fingers crossed.....
Yikes! I would guess they will be OK unless it got very hot.
Makes me glad I now have 2 incubators - bought the 2nd one (maino) used on here, and have added humidity control.
Was looking at these units recently which might make creating a makeshift inci easier. Was thinking of using one with just humidity control to control the maino's humidity rather than having to top up the little pot of water rather frequently.
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Luckily Sutty, I don't think it did get too hot - may have cooled a little but certainly didn't feel overly warm and the eggs felt just right when I transferred them to the Japanese Jobbie. Can't work out how the turning mechanism was attempting to scramble the eggs even though the function was apparently turned off !
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I can imagine some dizzy chicks in there!  Cry