Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't unerstand.
Despite the less than ideal living conditions my hens are experiencing at the moment, I am getting more eggs than I know what to do with.  Having trouble selling them because no one who usually buys from me would expect me to have any for sale at this time of year so they're not walking down to my end of the village to look (either than or they think they're infected with Avian fly of course) !!

I got 10 eggs today - all colours from all of the different breeds - never have I had so many eggs in January.  I can only assume that I am suffering more than they are with this 'lock down' and the very plentiful fruit and vegetables are doing them the world of good.  If only I could get the egg sales up, they might just pay for the extra food and bedding bills !!
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Wow - lucky you! I'm lucky if I get an egg every other day - the magic date for me is Valentine's day, then the hens seem to up production. Mind you, I've been a bit mean with any extra treats, and the flock are standing longingly at the door, handbags at the ready. I guess no eggs is their pay-back

Good luck with selling the eggs!
Wow - lucky you!! I'm lucky if I get one egg every other day - the magic date for me is Valentine's Day when the hens seem to up production. Mind you, I've been a bit mean with the treats, and the girls stand longingly at the door every day, handbags at the ready. Perhaps no eggs is their pay-back...

Good luck with selling the eggs April - as you say, would be handy cash!
Yes I'm getting more eggs than I normally would for January. If they are cooped up and not moving around, then there is more energy for egg production. One of the ways of increasing yield is to confine the chickens.
Makes sense SilkieSue - never really thought of that because it isn't anything I would do under normal circumstances.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I was getting more eggs, but then it slowed down considerably and I was feeding bits of eggshell. think with lockdown at least one of my girls is eating the eggs Sad