Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bearded Silkie Cockerels
Tongue 
Well  we took one splash cockerel up to my daughter on Christmas Eve.   He is very happy with a couple of bantam hens and managed to crow for the first time.   I gave a black one to a friend.   That leaves me with another black one with an enormous mulberry comb and wattles and a good crow still waiting for a home.   The fourth, a splash I was still not 100 percent sure was a boy although I always had my suspicions.     He has a flat comb, no wattles at all but yesterday decided to mate his small frizzle mother   Angry  So no wonder I couldnt be sure what sex he was.   So I really did get four big boys and one small hen which is rather what I thought from a few weeks.   Now have to find a home for two more cockerels  roll eyes
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Teazle, remember we're not really supposed to be moving poultry around at the moment. I have 3 pure breed cockerels ready for new homes but they are staying put till the curfew is over.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I didn't realise that poultry couldn't be moved at the moment - just that they had to be undercover? I'm thinking of the lorry that turned over with thousands of chooks on board, after the restrictions were put in place.
It's not a 'directive' just a request (is my understanding) but it does make sense.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • auntsally