Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I Ever Know
The black silkie that everyone thinks is a hen, has developed wattles and a blackberry comb.   The trouble is with these beardies,   they keep their combs screwed up so you cant see them and then suddenly they drop down and you then havnt a clue what they are.  Although size wise she still looks like a hen.   It looks like I am going to have to keep them til the spring which is very annoying.  

I have one definite splash hen, which will probably turn out to be a boy!!

The streamers dont seem to be getting any bigger and I am still not sure which are pin feathers and which are streamers.    Remind me not to breed bearded silkies again.    Big Grin
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
I'm keeping all of this years hatch till they spring because I have the same dilemma as you T. Apart from one Leghorn X who is definitely a cockerel and will have to go in the next week or two.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

maybe its a funny year!
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going