Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egg glut !
Can't believe it - I've had to dust off my 'eggs for sale' sign and put a load out this morning - the birds seem to have come back in to lay big style.  Don't think I've ever had eggs out for sale mid November before.  And that's not allowing for the fact that I've made cakes and Christmas puddings this week so have used a fair few in baking.  What good girls they are Smile .
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

You're lucky!! Better by a lottery ticket! I'm getting one or no eggs a day at the moment...
Well mine haven't laid in ages all to old now I fear. I did buy a tray of eggs yesterday at the farm shop, a good buy I thought at £2.50 for thirty eggs Smile . A sack of potatoes at £7 and various veg cheaper than shop prices
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I get one every other day Sad
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
One of my little welbars who hatched earlier this year had just come into lay. Teeny little eggs bless.
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Only one egg every couple of days here - from 18 potential laying hens!! - that's the trouble with purebreeds. I don't mind them having a rest though I am considering installing some lighting so they start again earlier.
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
We have made some nice new laying boxes to encourage them! No luck so far..... Sad
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going