Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new ladies
just reserved 12 hens that are being rehomed from a free range farm.Pick up on December 3rd.
Its been a very long time since i rescued any,my first from free range so im hoping they wont be so shabby as the others ive had in the past.
[-] The following 2 users Like k9crystal's post:
  • auntsally, zenith
Which organisation is that with?
I've not heard of rehoming free range ones, at least they may be more used to going out, though don't count on it. I saw a "free range" facility - 1000s of birds inside a big barn area (with food, water, scratching etc), a door to a field outside which was open, but only about 20 birds outside!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
I have had ex free range birds, they are not bad, I have had white ones as well as the Warren type. They wern't as frilendly as the caged ones tho.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
They are from "Fresh start for hens"
I too have seen these free range farms so i am well aware of how they have been kept.
That's who I get mine from too.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
All now in place,just got to wait for the day now.
Will be nice to watch them start their new life,its been a long while since i did any rehoming.
Ah, lucky girls. I love my ex-batts. I'm holding off on re-homing any more are we're away for a month soon so I'll get more when I get back.
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chickenmum's post:
  • auntsally