Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So - to carry on from Sutty's post
Where the heck are you all?

Last of the chicks hatched out last week a lone cream legbar male - could have done with a pullet to make up a trio.

Managed to get hold of two cream legbars from a very good breeder and picked then up last Monday. Still got some growing to do but look promising.

Plenty of young stock flying around of which twenty are boys. They're starting to fight now so will have to be sorted through. Hate that job.

I am going away for the week on Monday - Wales. Sort of looking forward to it but have so much to do at home before winter comes!
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
I do fancy adding 1 or 2 CLBs to my small garden flock - the blue eggs are always very popular.
In fact I'd like a marans and a leghorn too to add some egg colour variety again.
Green would be nice too, maybe a shetland?!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
I have a real mixture in the egg boxes these days

Green from my Shetlands
Blue from my Shetland x Pekins
White from my Leghorns
Dark brown from my Copper Marans
Light brown from various others
and tinted from someone - no idea who !

One of my Leghorn X chicks which got popped in to the inccy with Sutty's Bramha eggs has turned out to have been fathered by my Shetland (the tappit is a giveaway) ! And....................it's a girl, so...................hoping for large light blue eggs from her..Yay!
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • Squizzers
I am only getting eggs from my exbatts at the moment Sad
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
(02-09-2016, 03:30 PM)april Wrote: I have a real mixture in the egg boxes these days

Green from my Shetlands
Blue from my Shetland x Pekins
White from my Leghorns
Dark brown from my Copper Marans
Light brown from various others
and tinted from someone - no idea who !

One of my Leghorn X chicks which got popped in to the inccy with Sutty's Bramha eggs has turned out to have been fathered by my Shetland (the tappit is a giveaway) !  And....................it's a girl, so...................hoping for large light blue eggs from her..Yay!

Leghorn x shetland - sounds great! I tried that when I had a (dodgy) shetland boy and a leghorn girl, but none fertile. Tried with the CLB x shetland but same result - maybe he was sterile.
Over last 2 days it looks like I Might have a broody ---- hmmm Smile
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Well my flock is growing! Brussbar arriving next Saturday. I already have some but these are a year ahead in breeding compared to mine.

Just Wybars to go which I will probably pick up at Nationals and that will be my lot. Still hankering after gold lf brahma though. *sigh*

Anyone remember my Rhama the Brahma stories? Big Grin
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squizzers's post:
  • chickenmum
(03-09-2016, 05:09 PM)Squizzers Wrote: Anyone remember my Rhama  the Brahma stories?  Big Grin

I remember you writing about it and finding it on the forum for you at one time Smile
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
[-] The following 1 user Likes zenith's post:
  • Squizzers
(03-09-2016, 05:09 PM)Squizzers Wrote: Well my flock is growing!  Brussbar arriving next Saturday. I already have some but these are a year ahead in breeding compared to mine.

Just Wybars to go which I will probably pick up at Nationals and that will be my lot. Still hankering after gold lf brahma though.  *sigh*

Anyone remember my Rhama  the Brahma stories?  Big Grin

Oh yes!  Smile
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes auntsally's post:
  • Squizzers