Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting permission to keep chooks
We live in council close of 24 houses, we are the only ones to keep chickens and not one single person has said anything about them. One of my neighbours loves them and i quite often find her looking over the fence talking to them. She gives us her grass cuttings for them too.

I really do wish you the world of luck on Monday and hope you get some soon.
We are on a street of about 40 houses and to the best of my knowledge, we are the only ones with chickens.

Anyway, years ago, didn't most people have chooks at the bottom of the garden? I'd rather listen to my chooks than my next door neighbours loud banging music! But we get treated to that too!
[quote name='marjo080798']we've done that though, Zenith. the only thing we got was the same message, over and over, like a stuck record. boils down to "possible nuisance" and "chickens aren't kept in a suitable cage, unlike pets". both non-arguments imho

[/QUOTE]

Can you search the web to show him suitable housing ( not a cage). There are many examples of housing you can buy, that should should show them they can be kept in a suitable environment.Hopefully that would be one more argument you can counter
I would be asking myself why they suddenly want to visit when they have refused you over and over.

Perhaps its to find out what your intentions are next as its obvious from your persistence, you are not giving in easily.

I would be wondering if they are starting to smell some adverse publicity heading their way and are possibly trying to turn off the fan before the pooh hits it.
[quote name='seamus']I would be wondering if they are starting to smell some adverse publicity heading their way and are possibly trying to turn off the fan before the pooh hits it.[/QUOTE]

could well be. it sounds like he's beginning to crack... he started off saying "I won't change my mind you know" and he's sort of come down now to "I won't be changing my mind immediately", a bit like Waldorf and Statler off the Muppet Show, but the other way round! Smile
I know this is no help to you but over here keeping Hen in the garden is quite easy basically all you have to do is reg them with the Dep of Agre and foods. They go under the title of Back Yard Hens so you do not need to get any permission to keep them. The only thing that you can get into trouble for is there waste if it is not managed right.

You should see the info you have to put down on the form when you do go to reg them.
I think this all sounds like cobblers! So what if the entire street ends up with chickens - then nobody can complain, really, can they. And pets aren't all kept in suitable cages - what about cats and dogs? People with racing pigeons in a loft? And pretty much anyone or anything would count as a potential nuisance, including this lovely chap from WDH...........